We were sat in the laundromat the other morning (we’ve decided not to buy a washing machine until our basement level laundry room has been constructed) and whilst waiting for the machines to do their thing, Miri was flicking through one of the free local newsletters. It contained an amusing ‘intelligence test’, reproduced here for your entertainment…
1. Do they have a 4th of July in England?
2. How many birthdays does the average man have?
3. Some months have 31 days; how many have 30?
4. How many outs are there in a baseball inning?
5. Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow’s sister?
6. Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer?
7. If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have?
8. A doctor gives you three pills telling you to take one every half hour. How many minutes would the pills last?
9. A farmer has 17 sheep, and all but 9 die. How many are left?
10. How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark?
11. How many two cent stamps are there in a dozen?
Kudos (sorry, no prize) to the first person who posts a comment with all eleven answers correct (and explanations where appropriate). Note to my family: these are not our questions, so please, no arguing about the validity of them!! 🙂