We were wondering how to celebrate the one year anniversary of our move to Puerto Rico when, coincidentally, we received an invite to a party from Petchie and “O” for that same weekend. Hmmm….not ones to miss out on a party, we did some quick internet research and uncovered a “low season” offer at the Condado Plaza. Packaged with an upgrade to an ocean view room and a $50 resort credit, the offer was hard to resist. The surprise “gift” from George was the icing on the cake. We decided that a weekend in Condado would do us some good. This picture pretty much sums up the weekend, which was all about relaxing:
Highlights of the weekend:
- Meeting Petchie and “O”, a lovely dinner and great conversation (late into the night!)
- Yummy (NOT tex-mex) Mexican food at “Cielito Lindo”
- Grocery shopping for cooking staples at an Asian food supermarket
- Lazing by the pool
- Lazing on a cliff overlooking the ocean
- Lazing in our swanky room, watching the Olympics
- Playing table tennis
- Outlet mall shopping at Barceloneta on the way home
- Stress-free relaxation with no construction to supervise…Priceless!
Needless to say, we did our part to stimulate the economy this week-end!