When we first moved into our house, we noted with dismay that the previous owner had put a wire at head height around 2 sides of our wrap-around balcony. This was clearly used for drying clothes. Our immediate instinct was to cut it down, but on reflection we realised we would need something temporarily to hang clothes on. Unfortunately that ‘temporary’ situation lasted for 14 months! 🙂

We bought a rotary drying line quite early on, but decided we should wait for the main construction work to be done before positioning it. This week, we finally got around to installing it and so, with great pleasure, finally cut down the wire on the balcony. It was amazing the difference it made, just getting rid of that thin wire. The balcony suddenly felt a lot more open.