Its been fairly stormy here today. The usual afternoon rain (usually gone in an hour or so) lingered on from 1pm until after dinner. We had some serious lightning shows AND it dipped into the low 70s! Brrrrrrr!!!! So I decided it was time for PUMPKIN SOUP! We’ve had pumkin curries (thai and indian) from our crop of 3 pumpkins thus far but this was our first soup. Our favorite pumpkin soup recipe actually calls for butternut squash, but that’s a pumpkin, no?
Quick ‘n tasty Pumpkin Soup:
- Sweat some onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Dump in about 2 cups chopped pumpkin (a smallish pumpkin) and grated ginger (to taste)
- Add water/stock to cover
- Cook until pumpkin is soft.
- Blitz with a stick blender (thin with more water/stock if desired) and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in a hand-made bowl!